Writing a narrative essay is one of the tasks that you will be assigned to do when you are in school. If you are clueless on this genre of writing, we have some tips on how to improve your skills on writing a narrative essay.
Learn What a Narrative Essay is.
A narrative essay is a type of essay that revolves around a single character. This type of essay is written in the first person, and in most cases, it is usually about the author’s personal experiences. In other cases, it is written on behalf of another person or object.
Learning how to best resume writers a narrative essay can be easy. Here are some tips that can guide you on how to write a good narrative essay.
- Find a good topic. You should look for an interesting topic that you can write about mla research paper. Choose a topic that will make the reader interested throughout. Convert a personal experience to a story that will captivate the reader.
- Have storyline elements. Your essay should contain characters, descriptions, plot and settings which keep the reader interested.
- Point of view. You should clearly explain all your involvements in the essay. It is important not to leave out any details.
- Do not give unimportant events that do not have meaning in your story.
- You should use simple and clear words. The clearer the words, the easier it is for the readers to understand what you are trying to communicate.
- Describe events in a chronological order. The essay should be written in chronological order to avoid confusing the readers.
- Highlight most crucial moments. It will be key to highlight significant events in your essay to help readers identify them. This will make the essay more interesting.
- Proof read your work. You should go through your work severally to ensure you have not made any grammatical errors and that you have not missed any key events in your story.
To write a college narrative essay, you need to master the structure. Here is the narrative essay structure:
You should introduce the topic, the story and why it is important to you.
- Write a thesis statement.
Write about what you learnt as a result of the incidence that you are writing about.
- Main body
In paragraphs, you will talk about the incident in details. Make sure not to leave out important details. Include all characters that were present, where it happened and all the emotions that were felt during those events
Conclude your essay by referring back to your thesis and describing how the events you have described have changed you.
The main sourceS of essay narratives are personal experiences. This is where authors talk about interesting things that have happened to them. There are several places where you can find good narratives that you can write about. These platforms include social media, where people share their personal experiences.